DNatureofDTrain's Forum

Welcome!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post News about WSOR, Posted Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:10 pm 

fuzzy
Site Admin

Since nobody's posted in here yet, I guess I might as well...

The latest news about WSOR has them getting rid of the SD20s in the near future (these are WSOR 2051-2056). This will primarily be a matter of the end of their lease from NRE (National Railway Equipment).

The first of the ex-UTAH SD40-2s (originally CSX-family SD40s) has shown up, and has been numbered 4076. Its UTAH paint scheme looks kind of unusual on WSOR, and is actually a sort of hue-enhanced reversed WSOR scheme, with a primarily grey carbody with a red-orange stripe! The electrical cabinet is completely new, as the unit has been rewired to Dash 2 standards by Midwest Locomotive in Kansas City. Three more are on the way, and I would expect the whole set to be numbered 4075-4078.

Two other SD40-2s have also shown up, these are from Union Pacific and have been numbered 4010-4011. Both wear patched UP colors, and match "Mean Mrs. Mustard" 4053, which was resurrected from parts unit UP 9918 that sat at Horicon for a few years and was the source of parts to get 4025, 4050, and 4051 running. UP may have some more auctions to thin its ranks of SD40-2s, so we may see some additional 4000s in the near future...

Rumor has it that WSOR will be leasing six EMD MP15ACs from NRE, and will use them in pairs at J-ville, Madison, and Horicon, which will likely free up the GP38s for more road assignments.

So, that's pretty much it, in a short message! And once again, WSOR is a rather colorful railroad, with at least two additional paint schemes running around on their rails... ;)

-Fuzzy (using Linux!!!)

Post Roger, Over and out!, Posted Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:05 am 

DNatureofDTrain
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing the WSOR updates with me...

You'll never believe what the heck I dreamt about yesterday evening.

I dreamt that WSOR partnered with Northern Railcar corp, and Amtrak to bring Luxorious Passenger Railroad travel back to the communites that wanted it...

What is weird is that dream started after a weird one of where I was flying around Wisconsin.. After I realised a WSOR unit was pulling an Amtrak train.. Stopping by the track side looking a Pyramids in Wisconsin, and WSOR pulled Amtrak trains.. I thought I wish ! lol..

Then I woke up to the scent of chicken patties then ran downstairs...

As I wonder why in the heck I would dream about all that...

Maybe wisconsin in 50 years? lol.. I dunno that Pyramid construction seems to be gaining popularity in alot of buildings.. I would not dobut if down the road they did these pyramid like cases with solar panels on them...

Maybe it was a solar paneled power plant the WSOR units were rolling past! lol.

Okay Now you heard the Otherword version of the WSOR update.

- Dana C. L.
"DNatureofDTrain"

Post Re: News about WSOR, Posted Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:15 am 

DNatureofDTrain
Site Admin

Still surprised that Mr. Gardner is selling the WSOR to WATCO just shocked me although I had visions of WSOR melting which showed me it was changing ownership ..